Reasons to volunteer
Volunteering gives you the opportunity to make a difference in other people's lives, including your own. Through the process, one gets to meet people with similar interests, as well as from all walks of life.
So, what exactly is in for you?
- Volunteering gives you an opportunity to contribute and make a difference in the lives of others and the society.
- Volunteering provides you with the experience to learn and appreciate people’s differences, and in the process, enhance social awareness.
- Volunteering helps to develop the confidence you need when faced with new situations. Through volunteering, you may discover strengths and talents that you were not aware of previously.
- Volunteering enables you to develop skills and knowledge that may be useful in the workplace.
- Volunteering can widen your social circle.
- Volunteering is a good way to manage stress. Volunteers have reported better health and immunity by engaging in voluntary work.
Volunteering can reap countless gains and benefits. There will always be new skills, new experiences and new challenges. Volunteering is often hard work but it is hardly ever dull.
Volunteering enriches life. It will develop you as a person. Through the process, you will make friends, try new experiences, learn more about yourself, as well as experience the satisfaction of helping others and being a part of a community.
Most importantly, there is also the FUN that comes with volunteering!
Wait no more. Sign up now as a volunteer with Singapore Children’s Society!