About Singapore Children’s Society
Singapore Children's Society protects and nurtures children and youth of all races and religions. In 2016, the Society reached out to 74,173 children, youth and families in need. Established in 1952, its services have evolved to meet the changing needs of children.
Today, Children's Society operates 11 service centres islandwide, offering services in the four categories of: Vulnerable Children and Youth, Children and Youth Services, Family Services, and Research and Advocacy.
President Halimah Yacob
To bring relief and happiness to children in need
To be a leading edge organisation in promoting the well-being of the child
Our Core Values
- Compassion and Caring
- Openness to Change
- Charity Transparency Awards 2017
- Charity Transparency Awards 2016
- President's Award for Social Impact 2014
- Our Chairman appointed as Government Representative to the ASEAN Commission on the Promotion and Protection of the Rights of Women and Children in 2010
- NCSS Outstanding VWO Award in Innovation (Special Mention) 2010
- Singapore Quality Class Award 2010
- Singapore Prestige Brand Award (Special Merit) 2009
- NVPC Non-Profit Organisation Award 2004
- Asia Pacific NGO Award (3rd Runner Up) 2004
- UNAS Most Outstanding Civic Organisation of Singapore Award 1982 and 1984
Stanzas in Annual Report 2016 were adapted from the poem 'Make Me a Child' by Prof Woo Keng Thye. Click here to read the poem.
We are a Country Partner of the International Society for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect.