Singapore Children's Society hopes to encourage research projects related to family, children and youth. This includes, but is not restricted to, the following topics:
- Child abuse and neglect
- Childcare and parenting practices
- Marital issues (e.g. divorce, spousal violence, etc)
- Issues affecting service planning and provision
- Juvenile delinquency
- Schools/ education issues
- Other areas related to children and family
We provide grants amounting to $1,000 per study to support students pursuing research on issues related to family, children and youth at the Undergraduate and Honours levels. Applicants pursuing higher degrees (e.g. Masters, PhD, etc) may be considered for a higher quantum.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please click here to view a list of frequently asked questions.
List of Recipients
Please click here to view the list of the recipients.
Criteria and Guidelines
- Students are required to conduct an original piece of research
- The study should add to our current understanding of families, children and youth in the local setting
- Expenses supported include transport allowances for field research, as well as material costs (e.g. duplication of survey questionnaires or purchase of research materials, etc)
How to apply
To download the Research Grant application form, please click here.
Please submit the completed application form together with the following supporting documents:
- 'O' and 'A' Level certificates
- Transcripts of University examination results
- A recent passport photograph
Application forms and supporting documents must reach Ms Rosie Lim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further enquiries, please contact Ms Rosie Lim at:
Tel: 6481 5913
Fax: 6481 5208