Storm Riders is an anger management intervention programme that targets the various cognitive-behavioural difficulties manifested by children with anger or behaviour problems.
By learning ways to manage their anger, children find their problem behaviours decreasing and their positive coping resources increasing. Hence they are able to gain a more positive attitude towards school and that will in turn contribute to their academic, social and emotional development.
Methodology: Audio-visual aids, games, role-plays and experiential activities are embedded into the programme.
Target Audience: Children aged 9 to 12
Duration: 7 sessions x 2 hours each
- Identification of feelings in ourselves and others
- Exploring Anger
- Anger Coping Techniques
- Empathy & Perspective Taking Skills
- Building Pro-Social Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Putting it All Together
This programme is adapted from: Effective Anger Management for Children and Youth by Yoon Phaik Ooi, Rebecca P. Ang, Nikki Lim-Ashworth, © 2015.
Dates & Time:
- Wednesday, 31 October 2018, 3pm to 5pm
- Saturday, 3 November 2018, 10am to 12pm
- Monday, 5 November 2018, 3pm to 5pm
- Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 3pm to 5pm
- Monday, 12 November 2018, 3pm to 5pm
- Wednesday, 14 November 2018, 3pm to 5pm
- Saturday, 17 November2018, 10am to 12pm
TWP @ Children’s Society
Block 107 Yishun Ring Road
#01-233 Singapore 760107
Fee: $300 per child (Charges will be waived for those who are receiving financial aid. Payment to be made by 26 October 2018.)