Centre Story / Campaign Details
Did you know that social challenges, family background and access to resources can greatly impact education attainment and social mobility in youth and children?
With the current landscape caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, these young people and their families have been severely impacted further with the loss of income, jobs and opportunities – putting them at an even further disadvantage in the community.
Although Mettle Challenge 2020 has been postponed, we believe that our community can continue to reach out and use our fitness for good to help these young people and their families.
#MakeItCountForMore is a virtual fitness challenge that is part of Mettle Mobile where you can use your fitness to raise the much needed funds for those disadvantaged in the community in times like these – all in the safety of your home.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Get your friends (or even yourself!) to pledge an amount to donate for every repetition of Burpees done in 1-minute via this link: https://forms.gle/CUNb4dwMsdgUKzqo6
- Film yourself doing a 1-minute Burpee AMRAP.
- Either post the video on your Instagram or Facebook (public accounts) and tag @MettleChallenge, or comment on the pinned post on our Facebook page with your video.
- Our team will count your total repetitions done and contact your friends directly to process their donations.
- Upon donating, leave a comment under the ‘Remarks’ section here, with “I have pledged a total of $xxx in completion of __ burpees in one minute. #makeitcountformore”
If you do not wish to participate in the challenge, you can also show your support to the participants and our beneficiaries by simply making a donation!
*All fund raised from this campaign will go to support our four youth centres below:
- RoundBox @ Children’s Society,
- JYC @ Children’s Society,
- VOX @ Children’s Society,
- The Fort @ Children’s Society.
Anonymous has donated SGD 501 weeks ago